UCSF navigation

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Everyone loves a parade!

I'd rather be downtown, celebrating the Giants' World Series win. HUGE parade! Instead, I'm doing the following:
  1. Processing applications
  2. Contacting applicants who failed to sign their applications
  3. Fielding calls from applicants who didn't meet the deadline (most of them are crying on the phone)
  4. Explaining why we won't accept late applications
Regardless, it's a good day to be a San Franciscan!

3 comments:

JY said...

Good job, Giants!
Hopefully, good job, pre-pharmacy students! =)

Anonymous said...

hey joel,

fellow applicant here, just have a few questions

1.) I am finishing organic chemistry I in my fall semester at a community college, does finishing this course late in the admission process even with the PharmCAS academic update look bad in the view of the admission committee?

2.) speaking of community colleges, I took most of my science courses at a community college since I could not afford a 4 year university at the time, does this look bad as well even though I am wrapping up my bachelor degree in the summer of 2011

3.) I heard the human condition essay is make or break essay for invitation for interview, is this true or is someone trying to scare like mad?

Joel W. Gonzales said...

1.) For some applicants, it may have an affect on how competitive they are. For others, it may not be a big deal. Every applicant is different.

2.) For some applicants, it may have an affect on how competitive they are. For others, it may not be a big deal. Every applicant is different.

3.) Every essay could be a "make or break" essay. They are all important. If someone wrote a brilliant human condition essay, it doesn't mean they can slack on the others. On the flip side, if someone can't articulate their thoughts and write a comprehensive essay on their understanding of the human condition, it's kind of hard to consider them a "good fit" for UCSF, right?

UCSF UCSF About UCSF Search UCSF UCSF Medical Center