UCSF navigation

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

PharmD Deadline Structure - for entry in summer 2024

Note: The information below refers to the 2023-24 admissions cycle, for applicants who plan to enter our PharmD program in summer 2024.

With the launch of the 2024 PharmD application on July 13, we want to share our deadline structure!  In addition to a Final deadline of December 1, 2023, we also have a Priority deadline of October 2, 2023.

So what does this mean and how does it work?  Let me explain...

Priority Deadline: October 2, 2023:

• We encourage applicants to use the Priority deadline as a target date when submitting your application to our program.
  • Applicants who submit by the priority deadline, and whose application is verified and delivered to us by PharmCAS in a timely manner, may be invited to our November/December interviews.  
  • Submitting your application by the Priority deadline allows us time to resolve any application issues that arise. (You'd be surprised how many application issues surface. Often times, it results in a time-scramble where applicants end up running out of time to correct the issue.) Early submission allows more time to work with you in order to ensure your application is complete and ready for review!
  • Submitting your application by the Priority deadline allows for the possibility of an earlier interview and earlier admissions decision.
  • Submitting your application by the Priority deadline allows for more scheduling flexibility should your pre-assigned interview date not work for you. 

Final Deadline: December 1, 2023
  • All applications must be submitted by the Final deadline, including: PharmCAS application submitted, ALL college transcripts received by PharmCAS, at least three letters of recommendation received by PharmCAS, and UCSF Application Processing Fee (separate from PharmCAS fees) submitted.
  • Applicants who submit by the final deadline, and whose application is verified and delivered to us by PharmCAS in a timely manner, may be invited to our January interviews.
Frequently Asked Questions:

When does the application become available?
The PharmCAS application launched on July 13.
The UCSF Application Processing Fee portal launched on July 13.

I'll try to submit my application by October 2, but if I miss the Priority deadline, can I still apply?
Yes, as long as you submit before the Final deadline of December 1.

If I submit my application on December 1, and there are issues with my application, will you help me resolve the problems?
We always want to work with our applicants to make sure everything is in order; however, often times, our enemy is time. If there just simply isn't enough time to resolve problems, it may have a negative impact on your application submission. 

Can I submit my application after December 1?
No. December 1 is the Final deadline.

No comments:

UCSF UCSF About UCSF Search UCSF UCSF Medical Center