UCSF navigation

Friday, December 23, 2011

Admission Status Updates: The good, the bad, and everything in-between....

As many of you have now noticed, we are sending our notifications out via email.

The good:
Today we sent several hundred interview invitations out via email. Congratulations to those who have been invited. We look forward to meeting you in 2012.

The bad:
Unfortunately, we also sent out many hundreds of denial letters. I hate sending these out -- especially at this time of year. But our goal is to notify applicants as soon as possible so that personal decisions can be made on your part. We know people are anxious to be notified of their status with our program so we'd rather not delay these emails any longer.

The in-between:
We still have work to do! Unfortunately, we weren't able to review ALL the applications we received. Although about 95% of the applications have been reviewed and applicants have been notified, that leaves about 5% who will have to wait until the new year. We'd rather not rush this process, but instead want to review these remaining files when we return after the winter break.  Some of these unreviewed files will be invited to interview, some will not. We won't know that until we've reviewed them. There's no rhyme or reason as to why certain files have been reviewed already and specific files have yet to be reviewed. We simply ran out of time. (But we also let applicants know that we may be reviewing files until the end of January -- Ahhh... breathing room!)

So.... be patient. (Oh, and be sure and check your spam email folder.)

No comments:

UCSF UCSF About UCSF Search UCSF UCSF Medical Center