Inside UCSF is an annual outreach program geared towards students at two- and four-year degree schools who are interested in pursuing careers in health and science. This year’s program will take place April 26-27, 2013.
The two-day program consists of UCSF student panels, interactive workshops and an opportunity to meet with University faculty and staff.
This year the UCSF Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, the Graduate Division and Physical Therapy are reaching out to institutions throughout California and the United States for students who have an expressed interest and talent in the sciences. This exciting and informative program is free, and designed to give students an in-depth introduction to a specific health science career path, a chance to meet current students and become inspired about future career possibilities.
- Interactive panels of students from the schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, life sciences, and physical therapy discussing their path to, and succeeding in, professional and graduate school.
- Specific introductions to one of the professional schools, the graduate division, or physical therapy, including conversations with faculty, staff and students.
- Workshops to demystify the preparation for and application to graduate and professional school.
- A classroom experience to expose you to a typical graduate/professional school academic experience.
- Tours of the campus and new state-of-the-art facilities
Each year, 100 students are invited from across California and the nation for this highly competitive two-day experience. UCSF covers the cost of meals, materials, and travel for all participants, as well as accommodations for those without BART or CalTrain access.
Interested individuals will need to submit a completed application on the program website: https://gdapply.ucsf.edu/apply/insideucsf. The application window will be open January 14 to March 1, 2013. The Inside UCSF Planning Committee will review completed applications and select 100 students to participate. Selected participants will be notified by the middle of March.